BARBARA JASKIEWICZ (Poland)
Barbara Jaskiewicz-Socewicz was born in Wroclaw (Poland), the city in which she still lives today. She graduated from the Wroclaw University of Technology with a BA in Architecture. The artist paints in oils and watercolour and she also draws. Jaskiewicz’s subject matter ranges to include: landscapes inspired by the noble sceneries found in the south of France, wild Alpine meadows or the picturesque valleys of the Tatra Mountains. Gardens and park promenades scattered within the trees of ancient forests, landscapes of Silesian lowlands and of Lubelszczyzna (situated in SE-Poland) appear to an equal degree. The landscape compositions are joined by genre scenes of picnics, portraits of ladies in hats and children picking flowers. The extraordinary charm of peonies, sunflowers, roses and asters provides great inspiration for extended, delicate and elegant flower paintings.
Jaskiewicz’s portraits emanate a subtle colouring and delicate modeling. Most often her city scapes portray ancient Provencal towns and Mediterranean ports. Frequent themes include: crowded streets and squares of the picturesque Cracow, the bridges and canals of Venice and city scenes from Ostrow Tumski as well as her home town of Wroclaw. The artist applies the oil paint with a palette knife, thus ensuring a rich and intriguing texture. The impastos create pastoso, provoking an additional reaction, a feature particularly apparent in her marine scenes. Since 1984 Barbara Jaskiewicz has been in frequent solo exhibitions at numerous galleries specializing in contemporary art. Today, Barbara is recognized as a professional painter by the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts.
- Galeria Apollon, Warsaw, (Poland)
- Art Gallery, Wroclaw, (Poland)
- Gallery 1000 Fine Art, Carmel-by-the-Sea, Palm Desert (California), USA
- Chasen Galleries of Fine Art and Glass, Richmond (Virginia), USA
- J.D. Pierce Gallery of Fine Art, Dallas (Texas), USA
- Chetkin Gallery, Red Bank (New Jersey), USA
- Portrait Painting: Fine Art Gallery DESA, Wroclaw (Poland)- May 1985
- Landscapes, Cityscapes & Portraits: The Palace of Culture in Zagan (Poland)- January 1986
- Portraits & Marine: Art Gallery TEST, Wroclaw- 1986
- Original Oil Paintings: Fine Art Gallery DESA, Opole- 1990
- City Scenes, Marine & Florals: Fine Art Gallery DESA, Wroclaw- 1990
- Flower Paintings: Arkada Art Gallery, Wroclaw - 1996