PIERRE CHANDELIER (France)
Pierre Chandelier was born in Maisons-Laffitte, France on November 1, 1957. In 1980 he received his diploma in Interior Design from Ecole Supérieur d’Art Moderne, Paris.
During Chandelier’s three years studying interior design, he discovered painting and developed a love for color, light and depth. He was an interior decorator in Cannes and later in Paris, but painting was his passion.
The paintings of Pierre Chandelier are dominantly interior scenes which feature living spaces of unassuming Parisian flats. Chandelier’s compositions have a unique perspective and are filled with interesting objects and decor. The artist paints with vibrant colors, patterns, light and shadows. Chandelier uses these techniques to create cheerful and imaginative paintings.
PRIZES AND DISTINCTIONS:
- Prix de peinture Charles OULMONT, sous l'égide de la Fondation de France, 2006
- Prix du Conseil Général de la Ville, 30è Salon des Peintres de Maisons-Laffitte, 2005
- Fondation TAYLOR; Grand Prix Monique Corpet, 2005
- Montrouge, Prix de la Meilleure Installation, 49è Salon d'Art Contemporain, 2004
- BARBIZON, Premier Prix de peinture, 38è Grand Prix de Barbizon, 2003
- Prix de peinture; 13è Mai des Créateurs, Orly ville, 2002
- Prix "Jeune Peinture", 6è salon des Peintres de Maisons-Laffitte, 1981
- Prize for Production Creation of Textile